Today, in this post we are going to discuss everything related to React Migration? One of the most important features of the React framework is the liberty offered to the developers to build large web applications without worrying about the page reloading. React framework is simple, easy to use, permits one-way data binding, offers high performance.
Why Migrate to React?
There are multiple reasons to support the Migration from the existing framework to the React framework. Here are some of the basic reasons behind this service.
The existing web application is not working correctly according to market trends, browser features, and user interface changes.
- No built-in support for SASS
- Subscription charges as well as expensive cloud services
- Unable to scale web app architecture
- Low user engagement
Reasons to choose Reactjs:
Here is the reason why most developers prefer Reactjs for Migration:
- Strong community support
- Simple to use and learn
How Migration React is beneficial?
- Multi-platform support
- Improved code reusability
- Low-Priced web pages development
What steps are involved in ReactJs Migration?
The migration method on a web application with heavy traffic is challenging task. It is important to migrate from one framework to another framework without hampering the performance of the actual web application. So, how to perform the whole process successfully?
Here is the step-by-step process of React migration
1) Setting up Things for Migration
People usually fail in React Migration because of improper planning and strategies as they consider it a simple job like Migration from HTTP to HTTPS. But, in reality, it’s a completely different methodology. Here are some crucial points to be noted:
- Template issues
- Studying migration risks, negative impacts, and other challenges
- Studying of security issues
- Elimination of unnecessary modules, plugins, categories, and APIs
- Feedback analysis by the stakeholders and colleagues
2) Analyze the Web Application
Having proper knowledge of the web application is essential and must be done before the React migration. This pre-migration technique is like a test for ReactJs web application development in which it is important to identify things required for Migration and what are not? Here are some crucial points to be noted:
- Separation of DOM transition
- Ensure search engine crawlers do not crawl the web application
- Restrict access to all unnecessary IPs
- Backup the data including internal links, and URL parameters
3) Deployment Method after Migration
Once the React migration is finished, another important step involved is the web app deployment. If you want to save the memory with the high-performance, then you can make use of the elements including ReactDOM.hydrate() on the client-side and the server-side, use the element renderToString. Here are some crucial points to be noted:
- Canonical tags
- Redirection of web pages
- Server response testing
- XML sitemaps
- Eliminate the duplicate content
4) Post Migration Analysis and Report
Any error report after the React migration must be removed as soon as possible. Since any error can hamper the performance and traffic on your application. What should be done after the react migration process? Here are the important elements need to be checked including crawler stats, server logs, crawl errors, stats of both versions including old and react. So, this is the best approach to migrating from the old technology to React.
React Migration Best Practices
- Don’t Disturb the DOM
- React Hooks
- UI Component Libraries
- Private Artifactory
- Pre and Post Comparison
- Divide the Code into Small Chunks
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Reactjs used to build an application?
2. Why is ReactJS so popular?
The core objective of ReactJS is to provide the best possible rendering performance. Its strength comes from the focus on individual components. Instead of working on the entire web app, ReactJS allows a developer to break down the complex UI into simpler components.
3. Do you assure about security & confidentiality of the idea?
Yes, we sign a strict NDA to protect your application idea & data. Hence, we ensure complete security and privacy of your application development project.
4. What is the Migration cost to ReactJs web application?
The migration cost depends on the complexity, features, size and experienced of the developers. The whole process is transparent and proper details are shared accordingly on regular basis.
React Migration is not a new concept for many of you. The service is offered by multiple companies and organizations to eliminate the challenges experienced due to the use of other frontend frameworks. The Migration is easy to achieve and the only thing to follow for the right migration approach is the assistance from Top ReactJs Development Companies in India. More than half of the websites are React framework based as a frontend language.